In 2013, the Chamber launched its shop local campaign, Keep It In Cleburne. The goal of Keep It In Cleburne (KIIC) is to educate residents on why it’s important to stay and shop in Cleburne County. The Chamber has a Keep It In Cleburne Committee that is comprised of chamber members interested in advancing this initiative. If you are interested in being on the KIIC committee, please contact the Chamber Director.
Why Should You Keep It In Cleburne?
- You support schools, police and fire departments. When you shop local, the bulk of the money you spend and most of your taxes stay local — helping schools, paving streets, keeping you safe. According to the research firm Civic Economics, for every $100 you spend:
- In a local small business, $68 stays in your community.
- At a local branch of a chain store, $43 remains.
- Online, virtually no money stays local.
- You’ll raise your property values. Lively, vibrant neighborhood shopping streets are considered an advantage when selling a home. They make your property more valuable.
- You’ll strengthen your community. Local businesses are owned by people who live in your town, go to your church, donate to local charities, coach Little League teams. When you spend money in their stores and cafes, you support your neighbors.
- You’ll create jobs. Local businesses create local jobs. Often, these are jobs that pay better than those at chain stores.
|Contact: Beverly Ervin– Executive Director